Identification Documents Required When Hiring a Van in London

If you want to rent a van in London, it is essential that you consider the identification papers that will be required beforehand.

Identification Documents Required When Hiring a Van in London


Photo Card Licence

An original FULL photo card UK licence is required when hiring a van. Some companies also allow a full EU licence for European citizens who are on holiday or on business in the UK.


Licence check code

All drivers who hold a UK licence will have to provide a licence check code so we can check that there are no driving offences/disqualifications that would affect your insurance cover. You can create the code here.


D1 Driving Licence     

Drivers wishing to hire minibuses will require a D1 driving licence for a minibus with more than 13 passenger seats.


Proof of Address

Though a person’s full address may already be identified on their licence, separate proof is required to ensure that it is their current address. The following documents are generally accepted:

  • Utility Bill
  • Bank Statement
  • Tenancy Agreement

*Note: Make sure these are recent (issued in the past two months).


Credit Cards

Most van hire companies do not accept payment in cash or prepaid cards, so a credit or debit card is required. It is necessary that the card holder is the hirer for clear and easy communication regarding the payment.

Tell Us What You Think

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle PlusInstagram

Important Facts

  • No hidden extras
  • 24 hour returns facility
  • Insurance included
  • AA Recovery included
  • Unlimited mileage
  • Additional drivers included
  • Large discounts for long term hire
  • Account facilities for business users
  • Family run business, proud to offer great service and value for money
Buy a Van
Rubbish Clearance
Moving House

This website uses cookies. If you agree to our Privacy & Cookies Policy, please click here